Pickle relish livens up canned salmon in this deliciously different sandwich filling from Mrs. Dale Cocklin of Kasilof, Alaska. The fast-to-fix spread is good on crackers, too.
Recommended: Throw the Ultimate Vintage Dinner Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- Crackers or bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salmon, cheddar cheese and pickle relish. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Salmon Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p9
Reviews forSalmon Cheese Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012
"It is good, but I prefer to use smoked salmon. It gives the spread a richer, more full-bodied flavor."