This appealing appetizer, with its delicate smoked salmon taste and dash of holiday color, is simply irresistible!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes1 cup spread
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions with tops
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Snack rye bread, toast or crackers
- Fresh dill or parsley sprigs and/or sliced pimientos
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Liquid Smoke if desired. Pour over salmon mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, place cucumber slices on bread or crackers and top with salmon mixture. Garnish with dill, parsley and/or pimientos.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 81 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Canapes in Country Woman Christmas 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.