Salmon Cakes with Lemon-Herb Sauce
This recipe originally called for bread crumbs but I changed those to cornmeal so my family would like it better. Now they love it!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- SALMON CAKES:
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, thyme, salt and lemon-pepper. Cover and refrigerate. For salmon cakes, in a bowl, combine the salmon, mayonnaise, green onion, red pepper, bread crumbs, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne. Shape into four balls; roll in cornmeal. Flatten balls into 3-in. patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with lemon-pepper sauce mixture.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 726 calories, 66g fat (16g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1183mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Cakes with Lemon-Herb Sauce in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook