- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, flour, eggs, cream, dill, basil and pepper. Fold in the salmon, asparagus, onion mixture and Swiss cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalmon Asparagus Tart
"Very good! I made it for a friend who is on a low carbohydrate diet, and he said it was delicious. Making it into a quiche by putting it in a pie shell sounds good too, but of course that would add more carbs......but I'll keep that in mind for the when I make it again. Great recipe!"