My friend mentioned a Turkish salmon and couscous dish that sounded fantastic, so I started experimenting. I prefer this salad warm, but it's also tasty served cold. —Jeni Pittard, Statham, Georgia
Recommended: 57 Superfood Spinach Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 salmon fillet (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet, skin side down. Sprinkle with lemon juice and Greek seasoning. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine quinoa, broth and oil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- To serve, break salmon into 1-in. pieces using a fork. Place spinach, tomatoes, quinoa and salmon in a large bowl. Add cheese, herbs and pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon & Feta Wilted Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017