I came up with this recipe one summer evening when we had some unexpected company. I raided the vegetable bin and combined everything I had! Now we often enjoy this salad in the summer, made with vegetables from our garden.
Recommended: 23 Recipes That Use Up Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion tops
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped white onion
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and bacon together; chill.
- Combine dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sally's Vegetable Salad in Country August/September 1990, p49