- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons port wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; shape into two oval patties. In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the wine or broth, shallots and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Toss the mushrooms with flour; add to saucepan. Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain patties; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSalisbury Steak with Portobello Sauce
"Delicious and oh, so easy!"
"Back again. Made the sauce for au jus for prime rib. We cut back on the worchestshire. It was a little sweet. We think maybe it's the balsamic vinegar now. So I added a little course ground pepper and garlic powder. I quadrupled the recipe except for the beef broth, I used a 32oz Swanson box. It was still good, but something to play with. We will definitly be making again."
"I made this recipe not long after I had surgery. It was very easy to make. My husband loved it. I used the beef broth instead of wine for the sauce. We really liked the sauce but think there was a little too much Worcheshire in it, which could have been my fault. We also think the sauce would make a good au jus and are going to try it on prime rib during the holidays. May have to thin the sauce a little for that, but will let you all know how it turns out. Overall, great recipe and is now a regular on our menu."