Salisbury Steak with Bacon
Bacon gives this saucy steak a satisfying, smoky flavor. Serve it with egg noodles or mashed potatoes for delicious and easy comfort food.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 portion Handy Beef Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Meanwhile, place beef mix in a large bowl; stir in parsley and onion. Shape into four patties; coat with flour. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; keep warm.
- In the drippings, brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add gravy and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 443 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1410mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Salisbury Steak in Ground Beef Recipes 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.