Salisbury Steak with Bacon
Bacon gives this saucy steak a satisfying, smoky flavor. Serve it with egg noodles or mashed potatoes for delicious and easy comfort food.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 portion Handy Beef Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Meanwhile, place beef mix in a large bowl; stir in parsley and onion. Shape into four patties; coat with flour. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; keep warm.
- In the drippings, brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add gravy and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with bacon.