- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Dash pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread and onion; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both sides in oil if desired; drain. Combine the soup, water, mushrooms and pepper; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSalisbury Steak for Two
"my grandmother gave me a taste of home cookbook 15 years ago. This recipe was in it,and ive been making it ever since. sometimes i leave the extra mushrooms out if i dont have them on hand. Ive used different breads, White or wheat works just fine. I love this recipe! When i want something quick and homey, this fits the bill. Thanks taste of home! I love your cookbooks and the stories about real cooks inside."
"easy week night recipe."
"This is such an easy recipe and tasted good as well."
"Interesting flavor. Great with mashed potatoes and pretty quick."
"Very good. Served with mashed potates and corn on the cob."
"best salisbury steak recipe i've ever made. delicious comfort food. my husband loved it too. i'll make again"
"We really liked the patties that this recipe makes. I have another recipe that uses onion and condensed beef broth for the gravy base which I like better than the soup and mushrooms. Instead of the slice of bread I used a little less than 1/4 c. of seasoned bread crumbs. They were very moist and tender."
"Very simple to make and very good."