- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalisbury Steak Deluxe
"This was a hit with my family. I left out the horseradish but otherwise followed the recipe. The gravy is delicious so mashed potatoes or buttered noodles are an excellent side to this dinner!!"
"This recipe hit the "homestyle" meal spot! We used ground bison instead and it was a little crumbly (probably due to the leaner meat). The gravy was delicious. We also served with some fresh mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. The perfect country-style meal!"
"My Family loves this recipe. It does crumble a lot, but I have been trying to fix that. I've made it exactly as is and think the horseradish adds additional flavor."
"I will definitely make this again. I made a couple of minor changes, but basically followed the recipe. I used cream of onion soup since I don't like mushrooms. I didn't have any horseradish, but I think it would have upped the flavor so I will use it next time. I also forgot the parsley. I don't think that affected the flavor but it would have made it more attractive. The sauce was very good. I like the idea of adding sauted onions, too. I would definitely make more sauce if serving with mashed potatoes. Some of my patties broke a little, but they mostly held together. Maybe the thickness of the patties makes a difference."
"This is an excellent recipe. I sauteed sliced onions before adding the patties to brown. If you're in a hurry, cook cubed steak patties and onions in the soup mixture."
"Gonna dub it 'Crumbled Salisbury Steak". Gravy is good. No stars to click on."
"I have been making this one for years. Hannah May loves it."
"Loved this recipe! I am not a fan of horseradish so I left it out. It was excellent! Thanks!"
"Made this for years with your German Potato salad. My family loves it!"
"The first word out of my husband's mouth was "keeper". I doubled the sauce and served it with mashed potatoes. It made a good gravy. I didn't have any trouble with the patties breaking. A couple of them cracked but held together. Will be making this again."