Salami N Shells Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved ripe olives
- 1 block (6 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 203 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2014
I have made this salad for years. The first time I made it I somehow misread it and used pepperoni instead of salami. We loved it so much I have never corrected this happy mistake.
Mar 20, 2014
This is my all time favorite pasta salad recipe. Its the perfect mix. I use cooked ham instead of salami.. its much better in my opinion. Love this recipe and it is a must try!!!!
Aug 26, 2012
I like it much better with feta cheese...use it to fill us a cup when on the go (no spoon or fork needed)
Jun 17, 2010
Excellent for a summer potluck! I added some chopped artichoke hearts, and it was even more delicious!