- 7 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved ripe olives
- 1 block (6 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSalami N Shells Salad
"I have made this salad for years. The first time I made it I somehow misread it and used pepperoni instead of salami. We loved it so much I have never corrected this happy mistake."
"I like it much better with feta cheese...use it to fill us a cup when on the go (no spoon or fork needed)"
"Excellent for a summer potluck! I added some chopped artichoke hearts, and it was even more delicious!"