Melted cheddar cheese and zesty salami combine for a mouthwatering hot sandwich from our Test Kitchen home economists.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped salami
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- Milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the salami, cheese and seasonings; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each bread dough roll into a 5-in. circle. Spoon half of salami mixture onto the center of each circle to within 1 in. of edge. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with milk if desired. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Salami Calzones in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Feb 26, 2017
Delicious and a clever way to use 6 frozen rolls I had leftover. My whole family loved these. I tripled the recipe and added some diced red peppers to the filling. I recommend multiplying the recipe if you are cooking for more than one.