Salami Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 pound hard salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, onion, salami and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 380 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2011
So glad I finally got around to trying this recipe! It is just perfect! Love all the flavors - they go so well together! And it's pretty to look at as well... Thanks, S&D!
Feb 6, 2011
I got this recipe out of TOH Mag in 2008 and have made this over and over again. It is delicious! I never thought of using asparagus in a salad before, and I wouldn't change a thing. I usually make a double batch and take it for lunches. I do sometimes omit the onions. I can't wait for spring with the availability of fresh asparagus!