Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes1 cup dressing
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salad greens
- Bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and/or other vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients and shake well. Toss salad greens and vegetables in a large bowl or arrange on individual salad plates. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 186 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jan 26, 2014
I tried this for the first time to accompany potato soup and fresh bread. I followed the recipe exactly. It was fabulous! Everyone took seconds and thirds of my simple lettuce mixture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.