Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing—to showcase your garden greens—is shared by Fayne Lutz of Taos, New Mexico. "The dressing really gives the lettuce and vegetables a nice zip," Fayne remarks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes1 cup dressing
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salad greens
- Bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and/or other vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients and shake well. Toss salad greens and vegetables in a large bowl or arrange on individual salad plates. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 186 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 1994
Jan 26, 2014
I tried this for the first time to accompany potato soup and fresh bread. I followed the recipe exactly. It was fabulous! Everyone took seconds and thirds of my simple lettuce mixture.