- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomato, cucumber and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSalad with Vinaigrette
"This dressing was fantastic! I added feta and raisins to the salad. I also used pomegranate wine vinegar. It was served at two different gatherings lately, and both received several requests for the salad and got lots of rave reviews. It has become a staple in the fridge, and much cheaper to make than buying prepared dressings at the grocery."