Salad with Oil-Free Dressing
"This dressing is a treat for anyone who likes a refreshing salad topper with a big herb flavor," remarks field editor Ellen Benninger of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania. "Even without oil, it's thick and satisfying."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon powdered fruit pectin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herb (oregano, basil, thyme, tarragon, savory or dill weed)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots or vegetables of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine pectin, herb of choice, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in water, vinegar and garlic. Chill. Serve over greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftovers.