Salad with Mustard Dressing
"This unique salad uses my favorite from-scratch dressing," confides Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "The mustard adds a little zip to the dressing, which is terrific combined with greens, crunchy cashews and bits of cream cheese."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (1-3/4 cups dressing)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, optional
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 package (6 ounces) cashews
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. if desired, roll cream cheese into 3/4-in. balls. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, cashews and cream cheese balls. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover dressing.