Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the oil, 1/2 cup sugar, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and seasonings; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool. In a skillet over low heat, cook almonds and remaining sugar until nuts are glazed; cool.
- 2. In a salad bowl, toss the romaine, cheese and almonds. Top with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 308 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing
"I make this salad every holiday. It wonderful and everyone seems to really like it."
"This is a wonderful salad! I like to add extra egg!"