Egg sparks the taste of this pleasantly sweet cooked dressing from Mary Bloom of Titusville, Pennsylvania. She serves it warm over greens tossed with bacon bits, tomato and more. "Besides lettuce, it's also good over fresh spinach or cabbage," she adds.
Recommended: Our Best Beet Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir in vinegar; cook for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine greens, onion, bacon, tomato and cucumber. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Salad with Egg Dressing in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p35