Salad with Creamy Homemade Dressing
Mom had a magic way of combining ordinary ingredients into something extraordinary. In this refreshing salad, lettuce and vegetables are deliciously topped with a thick hearty dressing. -Grace Yascovic, Branchville, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (2 cups dressing)
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens, tomatoes and cucumbers; set aside. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Thousand Island dressing and milk; mix well. If desired, gently stir in eggs. serve over salad. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 340 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Salad with Creamy Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.