Salad with Creamy Homemade Dressing
Mom had a magic way of combining ordinary ingredients into something extraordinary. In this refreshing salad, lettuce and vegetables are deliciously topped with a thick hearty dressing. -Grace Yascovic, Branchville, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (2 cups dressing)
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens, tomatoes and cucumbers; set aside. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Thousand Island dressing and milk; mix well. If desired, gently stir in eggs. serve over salad. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.