Salad with Creamy Dressing
I LIKE to make this salad in the early growing season when all the greens are tender and fresh. When our children were growing up, our vegetable garden was always bountiful. Many of the dishes I prepared came right from the garden. I still enjoy creating new combinations of garden-fresh vegetables. -Beth Miller, Ocala, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 to 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, onion, tomato, green pepper and croutons. Add dressing and toss; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 119 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Salad with Creamy Dressing in Reminisce July/August 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.