Salad with Cran-Raspberry Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard seeds; set puree aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, celery seed, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the cranberry juice, vinegar and reserved raspberry puree. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, cranberries, onions, sunflower kernels, pecans and almonds. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
May 15, 2011
I have made this several times and love it. I modify it a bit. I use LITE cran/rasp juice and raspberry flavored vinegar. I also use unsweetened raspberries and use splenda instead of sugar. It turns out perfect every time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.