Salad with Buttermilk Dressing is suggested by Vivian Haen from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "My family has requested this creamy dressing over garden-fresh salad greens for years," she shares.
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted salad greens, sweet yellow pepper strips and sliced cucumbers or vegetables of your choice
- In a bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Serve over greens and vegetables. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Salad with Buttermilk Dressing in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p9
Reviews forSalad with Buttermilk Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2010
"This salad dressing was ok. I've had better and I've had worst. It was much fresher tasting than bottled dressing but had somewhat of an odd flavor (probably the buttermilk)."