Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
This salad is a tradition in my home each Christmas. The chunky blue cheese dressing coats the lettuce beautifully. Toss in extra vegetables to suit your family's taste. —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl; stir in the remaining blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives and croutons. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Butter Crunch Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Jan 1, 2013
This salad dressing is honestly the best dressing I have ever eaten. So simple and quick to make; thick and creamy you will put it on everything. Makes an awesome dip for veggies. YUM!!