Salad Greens with Honey Mustard Dressing
This delicious dressing has just the right balance of sweetness and acidity. It clings well to the lettuce, and goat cheese is just the right choice for this refreshing salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the salad greens, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 169 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Salad Greens with Honey Mustard Dressing in Reminisce April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.