- 1/4 cup port wine or 2 tablespoons grape juice plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh sage
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil. Stir in cherries; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine apple and lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside cherry and apple mixtures.
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; drain. In the same pan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add the broth, orange juice and butter; heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in the stuffing cubes, walnuts, sage, cherry mixture, apple mixture and sausage. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 17 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forSage Sausage Dressing
"I substituted turkey sausage and cooked it with more sage."
"Took this dish to a family Thanksgiving gathering and everybody LOVED it. They were fighting over who would take the leftovers home! Will definitely make this one again. VERY yummy!!"
"This wasn't my favorite kind of stuffing. Maybe the combination of fruits and wine just wasn't to my liking.~ Theresa"
"I tried this recipe. My husband did not care for it and neither did I. Being from Texas, I found that this recipe lacked seasoning. I added salt and pepper and more butter but still it was very bland. The packaged bread mix was too gooey. I will not fix this dish again. I threw the remainder away."