- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 skin-on salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first four ingredients; rub onto flesh side of salmon. Cut into six portions.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add salmon, skin side down; cook 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; bake just until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSage-Rubbed Salmon
"Two thumbs up! (And a paw -- the cat liked it, too.) I prepared the topping as directed (except for decreasing the salt and pepper by half), skipped the stovetop step, and baked two skinless fillets at 275 degrees for 13 minutes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. This recipe goes in my "keeper" file.To expand this delicious recipe to a one-pan meal for two, I trim 3/4 lb. of fresh asparagus, add 10-12 halved grape tomatoes, and toss them with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I put them on the parchment and bake them 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears, before adding the salmon."