- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried sage leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper; rub with sage. Dip in flour to coat lightly.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add broth and cider to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream; cook and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to medium. Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 5-7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSage Pork Chops with Cider Pan Gravy
"Really good. Everybody loved this one and we'll make this again!!"
"Delicious! I added some chopped apples and onions to the gravy, too!"