Sage Mashed Potatoes with Corn Recipe
Mashed potatoes seem to be a staple at any holiday meal—here’s a way to jazz them up a bit! The flavor is simply tantalizing, and the corn adds pretty flecks of color. The heavenly aroma alone is enough to draw people to the table.—Julie Foppes, Verona, New York
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute corn in oil until lightly browned; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- 3. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain potatoes; mash. Add the cream mixture, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in corn. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 299 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sage Mashed Potatoes with Corn
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC