Sage Mashed Potatoes with Corn
Mashed potatoes seem to be a staple at any holiday meal—here’s a way to jazz them up a bit! The flavor is simply tantalizing, and the corn adds pretty flecks of color. The heavenly aroma alone is enough to draw people to the table.—Julie Foppes, Verona, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute corn in oil until lightly browned; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain potatoes; mash. Add the cream mixture, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in corn.