- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes and onion. Combine the water, oil, sage, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 450° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring twice. Transfer to a mixing bowl; add yogurt and mash. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSage Mashed Potatoes
"I just made these and they are AWESOME!!!!! I only had 1% milk, so I used that in place of yogurt because I didn't have any. I did have French Onion dip. I bet I could have used that.Regardless, roasting everything really enhances the flavor. I will definitely make this again!"