Sage-Dusted Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add cream to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Sage-Dusted Chicken
"My husband and son thought this had flavor galore--I did as well! So easy to execute, with relatively few ingredients and yet so richly flavored. I used half & half instead of whipping cream, since I already had that in the fridge and it worked well. I wish we had had more sauce than what the recipe rendered--it was so good to dip slices of french bread into it! This is a great recipe for the working woman, like myself, who wants home-cooked food that is not processed convenience stuff, but cannot expend too much energy at the end of the day."
"Delicious and fast and children loved it."