Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Nov 4, 2014
My husband and son thought this had flavor galore--I did as well! So easy to execute, with relatively few ingredients and yet so richly flavored. I used half & half instead of whipping cream, since I already had that in the fridge and it worked well. I wish we had had more sauce than what the recipe rendered--it was so good to dip slices of french bread into it! This is a great recipe for the working woman, like myself, who wants home-cooked food that is not processed convenience stuff, but cannot expend too much energy at the end of the day.
Nov 15, 2012
A quick, easy, one pan recipe just right for our motorhome travels or anytime! Thanks for sharing. Oh forgot--delicious too.
Jun 13, 2012
Delicious and fast and children loved it.
Apr 7, 2011
Very quick and tasty. While I made the sauce I kept the chicken breasts in a low oven. I sprinkled shredded parmesan on top. I'll definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.