VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 slices day-old bread, toasted and crumbled (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add the bread, broth and seasonings. Shape into six patties.
- In another large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook patties on both sides until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sage Dressing Patties in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2000, p71