Sage Dressing Patties
These pretty little patties are loaded with flavor and hold their shape well. Celery, onion, bread crumbs and seasonings cook up tender.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 slices day-old bread, toasted and crumbled (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add the bread, broth and seasonings. Shape into six patties.
- In another large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook patties on both sides until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 132 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sage Dressing Patties in 2000 Taste of Home Annual Recipes
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.