Sage Corn Muffins
These muffins are moist and flavorful— try them instead of rolls with most any meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sage or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn, sage and pepper.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sage Corn Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.