Saffron Rice Shrimp Salad
“This easy recipe was inspired by a trip to Puerto Rico, where they served yellow rice and flavorful seafood dishes,” writes Stephanie Howard from Oakland, California. “I combined them to create this lovely dish for two.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cooked saffron rice
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Divide lettuces between two plates; top with avocado, rice and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Vigo Saffron Yellow Rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 734 calories, 50g fat (7g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Puerto Rican Shrimp Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009