When it comes to mini versions of anything, I'm sold! These muffins are ooey-gooey individual-sized monkey breads made with frozen dinner rolls, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. They couldn't be easier to make, and kids just love them. —Tina Butler, Royce City, Texas
Recommended: 28 Gooey, Chewy, Delicious Ways to Love Marshmallows
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 15 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each dinner roll into four pieces. In a shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter until melted. Dip three pieces of dough in butter, then roll in crumb mixture to coat; place in a prepared muffin cup. Repeat until all muffin cups are filled. Sprinkle tops with 3/4 cup chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Toss remaining dough pieces with remaining butter, rewarming butter if necessary. Place two additional dough pieces into each cup; sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Mix icing ingredients; spoon over tops. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as S'mores Monkey Bread Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p83