- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 8 wooden pop sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 2 cups coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; generously coat waxed paper with cooking spray. Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert pop sticks into apples.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; stir until melted. Dip apples, one at a time, into warm marshmallow mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip bottom half of apples in chocolate; dip bottoms in cracker crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forS'mores-Dipped Apples
"I made these twice. The first time for Halloween treats with my grandchildren helping. They didn't want to wait for the marshmallow to set for 15 minutes in refrigerator so we went ahead and dipped into the chocolate directly after dipping into marshmallow. It turned out much better than following the directions of 15 min waiting to set in refrigerator. I used apples that were already cold. The second time making them, I followed directions exactly. It was a disaster with wax paper sticking to the marshmallow, although I used cooking spray. The wax paper was stuck to the sides when my husband slid the tray into the refrigerator. It was a mess! To finish the apples, I ended up pulling most of the marshmallow off along with the wax paper. It was so stuck on and difficult to free the apple. The apples were a hit. As far as being sweet, that is why we used granny green apples! Such a nice balance or tart and sweet! Next time, I will not allow the marshmallow to set- just proceed on."
"Is the 726 calorie per apple correct?"
"Sound real good thanks"
"Very good. The apple cuts the sweetness"
"I got this same recipe from a friend and made them last year. Everyone liked them, my grand kids loved them. The 2 star rating comes from my own personal taste, I did take one bite of my husbands. Marshmallows rank right down there with cotton candy and candy corn, sickishly sweet with no flavor, yuck! Yes I am probably the only person who doesn't like S'mores or marshmallows toasted over a camp fire. However if you want to make some big points with your kids and grand kids these will sure do it."
"made these for my kids super easy and very yummy"