“S’more, Please” Trifle
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet lemon-lime soda
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 10 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, divided
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Grated chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk 2-1/2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining milk; stir until smooth. Coarsely crush five crackers; set aside. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding, crushed crackers, chocolate mixture and marshmallow creme. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, coarsely crush remaining crackers; sprinkle over the top. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 300 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 30, 2015
I was looking for a dessert recipe for a large family gathering, this certainly did the trick. From my 9 year old great-nephew to my 73 year old brother the reviews were "2 thumbs up"! What little leftovers we had my husband took care of later that evening.
May 17, 2011
I would like to see a picture of what this recipe looks like. Was it in a back issue of Taste of Home?
Apr 9, 2010
This dish was awesome. My friends at work went on and on about how good it was.
Sep 7, 2009
Note: You can't view this recipe unless you are a subscriber.
Sep 7, 2009
Oh my, this is to die for! It is sooo rich and creamy! No one would ever know it is a "light" recipe!