“S’more, Please” Trifle
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet lemon-lime soda
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 10 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, divided
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Grated chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk 2-1/2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining milk; stir until smooth. Coarsely crush five crackers; set aside. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding, crushed crackers, chocolate mixture and marshmallow creme. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, coarsely crush remaining crackers; sprinkle over the top. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 300 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 30, 2015
I was looking for a dessert recipe for a large family gathering, this certainly did the trick. From my 9 year old great-nephew to my 73 year old brother the reviews were "2 thumbs up"! What little leftovers we had my husband took care of later that evening.
May 17, 2011
I would like to see a picture of what this recipe looks like. Was it in a back issue of Taste of Home?
Apr 9, 2010
This dish was awesome. My friends at work went on and on about how good it was.
Sep 7, 2009
Note: You can't view this recipe unless you are a subscriber.
Sep 7, 2009
Oh my, this is to die for! It is sooo rich and creamy! No one would ever know it is a "light" recipe!