"Our son Jason loves s'mores and parfait desserts, so we combined them to create these treats," says Vonnie Oyer of Hubbard, Oregon. Crushed graham crackers, chocolate pudding, mini marshmallows and chips are layered into tall glasses for a pretty presentation.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups coarsely crushed graham crackers (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons each into four parfait glasses. Layer each with 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons pudding, 1/4 cup marshmallows and 1 tablespoon chocolate chips. Top with the remaining pudding and crumbs. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as S'more Parfaits in Quick Cooking July/August 2002