- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forS'more Bars
"I followed the recipe exactly as written and they did not come out well. The crumb topping was too loose, did not stick to the marshmellow and the flour was all you coukd taste. It was terrible. I made these for a picnic and i ended up throwing them away. I'm an avid baker and have made many bar recipes and these are just awful."
"I thought these bars were really good! They were fairly easy to put together, the hardest part was putting the dough into the pan without it sticking all over your hands. Using chocolate bars made assembly easier, the fluff was obviously sticky but when they were cut into bars, it wasn't as messy as I thought they would be. I plan on making these again."
"I've made these multiple times! They are fantastic, and always turn out wonderful!"
"These turned out delicious. I didn't have milk chocolate candy bars but I did have a package of Dove milk chocolate Promises. I opened them up and laid them side by side to cover the pressed crust layer. These bars are very simple to throw together. They taste like s'mores but aren't as messy to eat."
"Delicious! A big hit with the family!"
"I just made this recipe and incorporated many suggestions..... One key to melt the marshmallow creme to make prep easier- was great!! Will always do in future use of recipes using marshmallow creme; truly an awesome tip!! Also used more graham cracker crumbs and much less flour and made a thinner crust. Then after laying crust sprinkled with additional graham cracker crumbs and also a sprinkling at the end. Great recipe, a s'more in a simple bar! Taste is delicious!!"
"Fun treat- microwave the marshmallow creme to make it easier to spread. I used an 11x7 pan instead of a 9x9. Mine baked in exactly 25 mins."
"These bars are absolutely delicious! What a scrumptious treat! I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 13"x9" pan."
"These were tasty cookie bars. My kids absolutely adored them. Great item to take on a picnic."