- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place buttered side up on two baking sheets. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Stir in the ham, onions, olives, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and parsley. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forRye Ham Bites
"This was OK but not great; had a strange taste that my mom asked if I used sauerkraut."