- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef, cut into strips
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 to 6 slices rye bread, buttered
- In a large bowl, combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with corned beef and cheese.
- Place bread, buttered side up, over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRye Bread-Topped Reuben Casserole
"Please do not review a recipe you have not made! Even more importantly, please do not try to dictate to the rest of us what we should/should not eat!! "
"I think I would cube the buttered rye bread and put it on the top. One reviewer said she puts the bread on the bottom. Maybe on both top and bottom which will make it more like a sandwich. Thanks for the idea.I agree with the others who say don't review the recipe for health reasons. If it is not something you can eat, delete it!"
"This was so simple and Delicious! "
"I agree with Rufus55. Some of us have no health issues, exercise regularly and are in great shape. If you live by the 80/20 rule this dish is not unhealthy. You can use light rye bread, refuced fat cheese. I don't give a fig about sodium. I say go for it!!! I love Reubens and will try the recipe."
"Please only write reviews if you have tired a recipe. I am an adult I can decide if something is healthy or not. I don't care to hear your thoughts. I want to know if you tried the recipe and is it something you would make again or not! If you do not want to try it for whatever reason move on and write a real review on something you have actual made!"
"I have to agree with transcriber45. "
"I thought the recipe was excellent. I love reuben sandwiches. It was so easy to make. It is high in sodium, but it's not something I would make often. My family loved it!"
"I did not actually make this recipe because of the following: 3,149 mg of sodium, 44 gm fat, 16 gm saturated fat. Too unhealthy for me."
"Sounds great - I think I'll take this to the next church pot luck - which is in a few weeks. Thanks for the suggestion."