Since I usually have the ingredients on hand, these succulent ribeyes are a “regular” from my kitchen. But the tender meat also makes a lovely entree for more significant occasions or when I'm entertaining guests. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 3 beef ribeye steaks (1 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for sauce. Pour remaining marinade into a shallow dish. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil in batches. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, add butter and reserved marinade. Cook and stir over low heat until combined. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked beef with 2 teaspoons sauce: 626 calories, 47g fat (19g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sizzling Rustic Rib Eye for Two in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012