- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling. Whisk egg and water; brush over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRustic Caramel Apple Tart
"This was amazing. easy to make and everyone loved it. Forgot the Carmel but everyone said it was great withoutWill add the Carmel next time"
"Delicious. I used Gala apples and a salted caramel ice cream topping. Thanks you, Betty, for sharing this recipe."
"The amount of flour 2/3 cup with 6 1/2 T of water can not possibly be correct. I had to add more flour use less water so not to have a sticky mess."
"Used pie crust I had made. Was delicious with caramel sauce."
"Love this recipe. easy and yummy."
"This recipe is so easy to make. Be sure to flour your countertop well before rolling out the dough. I used Jonathen Apples, next time I will use more tart ones like Granny Smith, for more flavor. I served this with Vanilla Icecream, topped with a drizzle of Caramel Sauce."
"Hunny made this exact recipe and I just found it here! He has a great "eye" for look and a great set of "taste buds".Simple to pull in the dough.store bought or home~made works fine.The quick drizzle of a store bought best You can afford Caramel Sauce makes this Over the Top Delicious!"
"This tart was wonderful. It was easy and yummy. The crust was very nice it was flaky and buttery but still light. However the recipe did not make a very big tart. Over all a great recipe. :D"