- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling. Whisk egg and water; brush over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRustic Caramel Apple Tart
"Used pie crust I had made. Was delicious with caramel sauce."
"Love this recipe. easy and yummy."
"This recipe is so easy to make. Be sure to flour your countertop well before rolling out the dough. I used Jonathen Apples, next time I will use more tart ones like Granny Smith, for more flavor. I served this with Vanilla Icecream, topped with a drizzle of Caramel Sauce."
"Hunny made this exact recipe and I just found it here! He has a great "eye" for look and a great set of "taste buds".Simple to pull in the dough.store bought or home~made works fine.The quick drizzle of a store bought best You can afford Caramel Sauce makes this Over the Top Delicious!"
"This tart was wonderful. It was easy and yummy. The crust was very nice it was flaky and buttery but still light. However the recipe did not make a very big tart. Over all a great recipe. :D"
"The crust on this pie is to die-for! I think it's the vanilla that gives it that little bit of something "extra". It was also very easy to work with; I used my food processor to mix, and after chilling, the dough rolled out perfectly. I've always been hesitant to make my own pie crust, never again! I plan to use this for any sweet pie I make. I doubled everything to make a slightly larger pie and did not use the caramel."
"Yummy! It is the first pie crust that has been flaky for me! Hooray!"
"This was easy and so good-not overly sweet. Will be making this again soon. Thanks"