Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine apples and pear. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and spices; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add to apple mixture and stir gently to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon filling over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Spread with apricot jam. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 483 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 18, 2013
mmmm nice change
Oct 17, 2010
Very easy! Every time I make this my guests just rave about it. The crust is perfect and cardamom is a nice change of pace. I usually pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes after spreading with the jam. It caramelizes and looks prettier, I think.
Nov 25, 2009
This tart is very easy to make and delicious when eaten. My family loves it and we will be making it many more times.
Oct 28, 2008
This is a great crust, very flaky. I had trouble with the crust leaking the cinnamon mixture was mostly on the parchment surrounding the tart. Any suggestions?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.