Rustic Apricot Tart Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice. Add apricots and toss to coat.
- 2. Place pastry on a parchment paper-lined 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with egg white to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Spoon apricot mixture over egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Use parchment paper to slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 278 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Rustic Apricot Tart
"Flavor of Apricot pie without the fuss. I dotted with a bit of butter for extra richness. Very good."