Russian Tea Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and nuts; gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for 1-2 hours. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. bake at 400* for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
- 2. 21 servings, 2 per serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen
Reviews for Russian Tea Cakes
"I'm sorry but these were so dry and no flavor. Maybe adding more than 1tsp of vanilla or using almond abstract instead would boost the flavor? Any ideas?"
"cookie fell apart. Very disappointing."
"Best Russian Teacakes I've ever made and believe me I have tried a lot of recipes! Just like my mother used to make."
"I love these cookies. They were a hit at my cookie exchange. Thanks."